Wednesday, April 16, 2008

American Idol Gave Back to US!!!


So for those of you who couldn't tell-- this is us with Carrie Underwood. That is right, the famous, totally wicked cool, American Idol winning, Grammy receiving, country singing Carrie Underwood. How did we get this privilege you ask. . . because we live at a wedding chapel . . . That is right Chapel of the Flowers was chosen as one of the settings for the new Carrie Underwood music video.


So we waited around and watched about a hundred people fill our parking lot and put all kinds of cameras and lights all over the place. Then we waited around some more while they filmed, and then finally on their way out the door we got a quick photo with her. It was pretty cool, and we are excited to see our little business featured on a music video!

Sarah was so good during the whole thing. Carrie Underwood actually said (about Sarah): "Oh look she's just chillin'." :)

This was the original shot they were going to use before the wind wouldn't die down. Then they moved it all inside.


This is Katie and Sarah chilling on the set (literally chilling, it was cold and windy).
So now we have yet another Chapel claim to fame. Pretty cool, huh?

12 comments:

Janssen said...

THAT is a great story! how fun is that?

Steph said...

That's AWESOME! I can't wait to see the video myself!

Aapree said...

That is so totally cool, Katie! It's she as nice in person as she looks? But that is so fun anyway! About the books ... Yeah I am glad you like them too! :) The fourth one comes out in August. I am pretty sure that's the last in the series. Hopefully it has a happy ending, because I'm a fan! The movie info I found on Stephenie Meyers website. You should take a look!

Marci Porter said...

I am so jealous! I love her! Ahhh! I am a little crazy about American Idol everything, since I just went to a live show last week. Thanks for sharing the story. Love it! Your little girl is so dang cute too! :)

Cynthia said...

Hey it's Cynthia. well that's anexciting post! How cool is that. I am so glad you posted on my blog. Your little girl is beautiful!

Stacie Hawley said...

Ok...so I'm officially jealous!! How awesome is that...Carrie Underwood came to your "home" to do a music video!! That is a total claim to fame!! I so wish I could say that...yes...Carrie Underwood came and sang...at my house!!! I can't wait to see the video...which song was it for?? SO SO SO COOL!!

L said...

I love Carrie! How fun will that picture/story be for Sarah when she gets a little older! That is too cool!!! :)

Genevieve and Ryan Davis said...

That is so awesome that you meet Carrie Underwood! Ryan and I are huge fans of American Idol and Carrie was by far our favortie. Shes the only one that we've bought her CD's and really watched her succed. You will have such a neat stroy to tell Sarah when she gets older! We need to hang out sometime!!

Tom McConnon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tom McConnon said...

No WAY! That's awesome. Once again confirms that the Little Chapel is the hottest spot on the strip.

Brandi Lyn said...

Oh my GOSH that is so rad!! I can't believe you got to meet her! She is one of my favorite country singers. I can't wait to see the music video!

Mary said...

Wow! That's amazing! I had no idea! You're almost famous! And good job chillin, Sarah!