Sunday, April 11, 2010

Easter Fun

Easter was great this year. Although we missed out on family conference time in Provo (because Sarah was sick...it was sad), we were still able to still have a really nice, relaxing, uplifting day.

Our day started with some yummy cinnamon rolls. (This has kind of become a tradition for us.....a not so healthy but worth it as a special conference treat splurge that I look forward to)


Then Sarah had a fun Easter egg hunt because the Easter bunny had visited our home.
Eater 2010 007 by I am Tyler  Eater 2010 001 by I am Tyler 
Then our day continued by watching LDS General Conference on TV. I love to hear our modern day prophet and apostles. I always feel a renewed energy to be better when I hear general conference. It gives me a good uplift. It seemed like a lot of the talks were about women nurturing the children in the home and men using their priesthood righteously in their home. It was a great conference and I loved the talks. They were powerful. Anyone who missed out should definitely hit up LDS.org and go to the general conference archives. I loved them all, but a few of my favorites were President Eyring, Elder Holland, and Elder Ballard.
   

After both sessions of conference we had Easter dinner. This is the first Easter dinner I have cooked all by myself and it was scrumdiddlyumpscious, if I do say so myself. :)

  
Eater 2010 028 by I am Tyler  Eater 2010 027 by I am Tyler
Eater 2010 021 by I am Tyler   Eater 2010 020 by I am Tyler
Eater 2010 019 by I am Tyler  Eater 2010 022 by I am Tyler
There were rolls too to go with the jam. :)

Following dinner we decided to die some Easter eggs. It was fun!
Eater 2010 036 by I am Tyler Eater 2010 047 by I am Tyler
The above speckled egg is Tyler's favorite egg he made.
 Eater 2010 039 by I am Tyler
Sarah made this really cool speckled pink egg. It was her favorite one.
Eater 2010 042 by I am Tyler
These two were the best ones I made. I know, I know, not quite as cool as Sarah or Tyler's...they've got mad skills....but hey--I still like mine too! :)

After such a good day we were all tuckered out, and our beautiful Easter ended with this:
Eater 2010 050 by I am Tyler

4 comments:

lacie tidwell said...

how cute are you guys!!! I'm so sad Sarah was sick:( but it looks like a beautiful Easter!! and SERIOUSLY dinner looks WAY good!! awesome job Katie!!!! woohoo!! conference was wonderful- an awesome time to spend with family- hope Sarah is better! as soon as she is let's go play!!!

Kristin Chesnik said...

Yeah! Happy Easter Foote Family! The food looks AMAZING! Sorry Sarah was sick!

Jan said...

So fun. I love the family Easter traditions -- love seeing my Tyler with his family. xoxo

Mandi Roth said...

Fun easter!!! your dinner looks yummy!!! :)