Thursday, May 29, 2008

Our First Home :o)

We are proud to announce that after many months of house hunting, putting lots of offers in on lots of different houses, and saying lots of prayers, we finally got the one house we wanted the most of all! Yipeee! We are oficially homeowners, and we LOOOOOVE our house. It was definitely worth the wait (and the living in a tiny one bedroom wedding chapel apartment for 5 months) to get this steal. It was a "short sale" which means it was almost foreclosed on, but the bank agreed to let us buy it for less. It was buildt in 2006 and it is 2056 square feet. 4 Bedroom, 3 Bathroom. Close to both sets of "grandparents" (which is a real nice feature), and in an awesome ward. What more could we ask for? By popular demand, here are a few pictures of our lovely abode (and a video of it will follow as soon as we can get it to transfer right.

This is the master bathroom. Look at the nice big garden style tub. We love it. and so does Sarah.

Here is our backyard. Not bad for Vegas. And our kitchen. It's awesome! We got a stainless steel french door fridge to match the other appliances of course. Love it Love it Love it. :)


Here is our family room. Don't the carpets look nice and clean. We got Larry to come and steam clean them. He does a fantastic job. His business is Larry Cleans Carpets and I would definitely use him again. Just ask me if you want his number.

It is so cool that this is ours now. I will post more pictures later too when we get more decorated

14 comments:

Janssen said...

Wow, beautiful! Can't wait to see more pictures of it!

Unknown said...

That's great, you guys. We're really happy that you got a house - it's just too bad that it's 5 hours away.

It looks really nice - maybe we'll have to come stay in your guest room after all... :)

Jess said...

Hoooray!! I'm so excited for your guys. Okay, I'm jealous too. I'll admit it. Sam's brother's family are moving to Vegas in the next couple months so now we have no excuse to come down there. Ummmm...can we say winter hang out?

Jess said...

Oh- and how do you know Janssen?

Unknown said...

It looks like a great place. How nice to be settling down. We really want to see it in person this summer.

The Spanns said...

I am so excited for you guys!! Having your own place is SO fun! I can't wait to see more pictures!

Tyson and Marie said...

What a beautiful home! That is so excited. I can't wait to see it. I think Tyson and I are going to come down in June. We will keep in touch.

Amber Volle said...

Congrats guys. We're in the same boat too. Currently house hunting and praying to find the perfect place. The house is beautiful. Looking forward to more pictures. Let's get together sometime soon.

Brandi Lyn said...

How exciting!! It's beautiful!!

L said...

Yay!!!! It is so pretty!!! I'm so excited for you two! Ummm... can Michael and I come visit? :)

Kelly Shoroye said...

Hey Katie, It's Kelly Martin from high school, I don't know exactly how I stumbled onto your blog... You have a beautiful family. My fam has a blog if you want to check it out it's ebishoroye.blogspot.com
Congrats on the house.

We are... said...

I am excited for you! That is thrilling to have your own home! And what a great time to buy! :O) Congratulations on your new adventures! We miss you guys up here! It would be fun to be able to get together again. (We're back in Provo though for the time). Thanks for the great idea about innertube water polo! I completely forgot about that! Thanks so much!

Aapree said...

Katie that is so exciting! Congratulations! You have two up on us now. A baby and house ... we have got to catch up. :) You sound really happy! It's been too long! Let's get togeher soon. Thanks for posting. I love reading about your latest adventures in life!

Melissa and Paul said...

Hi Katie,

This is melissa george (VT) from the LV 1st ward, I saw your name off the Evans site (my hubby's mission companion) and thought i'd say hello and congrats on the new house!!