Sunday, June 22, 2008

Cruisin' smart















So you might have read the post below and thought that our bikes are pretty cool. But recently we purchased a cooler form of transportation. Yes, that is right . . . the Foote Family purchased a smart car!!! We love it!!!


It is not quite as economical as the bike . . . but it is pretty close! It gets 47 mpg (take that $4.25 per gallon) and can go up to 90 miles per hour (no joke . . . it really can) and it is really cute and small!!! Not only that, but also it can park practically anywhere very easily. In fact, I parallel parked it perpendicularly today! I just got out smiling because parking never felt so good. The truck I parked next to was actually sticking out farther than me!!! I love it!!!!

The one down side to the smart: it only seats two people . . . and we can't put a car seat in it . . . so Tyler gets to drive it :( I guess that is an upside for him . . . and it will be a fun date car for us.

There is currently an 18 month waiting list at all of the smart dealers, and we just decided to get one for sure on Friday. 'How did we get one then?' you ask. Autotrader.com hooked a brother and a sister up! Friday around noon Tyler called me and asked if I wanted to drive to California for our date night to buy a car. (We have been looking at getting a second car and had discussed the possibility of getting a smart to go along with Tyler's other business idea, but thought we were at least a month away from buying one until Friday at noon when he found this beauty!) So we drove to Cali and bought a car . . . we are now broke, but we got a cool car, and if necessary we can sell it pretty easily . . . we think :) So if anyone is looking to buy a smart car we will review all offers, however I am kind of attached to it already.



Here are a few photos:



















Yeah, I pretty much love it.





Look how good my husband looks with a sweet baby and a sweet car!


As you can tell Tyler likes the car too!


What a good looking picture . . . good looking baby . . . good looking man . . . good looking car . . . good looking house . . . man I'm lucky!!!


14 comments:

Steph said...

Ok... so I KNOW Dad is jealous. He was loving those Smart Cars all around Europe a few years ago.

You'll have to let us test drive it the next time we see you... Luckily we're coming to visit soon!!

(I don't think I'll be doing any bike riding with you, though. I don't think pregnant ladies and bike seats mix too well. hehe.)

Steph said...

Ok... so I KNOW Dad is jealous. He was loving those Smart Cars all around Europe a few years ago.

You'll have to let us test drive it the next time we see you... Luckily we're coming to visit soon!!

(I don't think I'll be doing any bike riding with you, though. I don't think pregnant ladies and bike seats mix too well. hehe.)

Janssen said...

Wow, SERIOUSLY awesome. . . how fun!

Breanne King said...

Hey I wanted one of those too! But i'm not sure it would be a good idea for little fragile me. But so cute! and so on the forefront of car fashion

Sarah and Wes said...

Hey! I love the car and I love your baby! Cute! (Both of them ;)). Hope everything's going well. Thanks for keeping in touch!

L said...

What a fun purchase! Way to go guys! I'm still plugging away in my truck that gets 22 miles to the gallon - if I drive conservatively - which pretty much never happens. I think it may be time for a new car... :)

Sabrina said...

Great to hear from you. It looks like life is treating you well. It's so fun to see cute Sarah.

Tom McConnon said...

sweet ride guys.

Melissa and Paul said...

COngrats on the new car. I think that my real blog page wasn't linked right. My family's page is georgefamilyramble.blogspot.com

Sorry you got the other one by accident. I was having a bad day and needed a place to vent, please disregard those postings. Also, i'm turning my blog into a private one, please email me your address so that i can send it to you to view. Hope everything is going well.

Aapree said...

That is so AWESOME! Congrats! What a great way to save a buck or two on gas. And bytheway I love all your pictures! Congrats to Tyler graduating, and Sarah is ADORABLE!

Mary said...

Mom and Dad told me about the Smart car, and I think it's super duper fun! You guys are awesome. And it is one good looking family, with a good looking car... you must be related to some good looking gunnells... :)
We miss you!

The Harris Family said...

Hi Foote Family!! I just found your blog through someone elses page...this is Melanie
(Spelts) Harris! You sweet little girl is so adorable! So good to see what you have been up to!

Unknown said...

Hey Katie,
It's your old pal Laura (Tice) Lee! How the heck are ya? You have a kid now!! I am glad I found you in blogville!

Shannon said...

Mitch and I LOVE smartcars! That is such an exciting and truly SMART purchase!