Sunday, June 22, 2008

Look out Lance Armstrong here we come!!!

So we got some bikes recently and they are AWESOME!!!! I got Katie a bike and a trailer for Mother's Day and I got a bike for graduation (thanks Mom and Dad and Katie) and we haven't looked back. Katie's bike is a cross between a mountain bike and a beach cruiser, it is pretty fancy and a nice smooth ride. I got a road bike, it is pretty sweet let me tell you.


We love to go for bike rides, even though last night was really hot! (We went at like 8:30 at night and it was still like 95 degrees!!!! ) Why do we live in such a hot place?!?!? But it was really fun still, and once we were moving it wasn't crazy hot, just super hot. Anyway, we love our bikes and Sarah loves riding in her little trailer. She is way cute in it. So that is our new thing to do together as a family, so if anyone here in town would like to join us just give us a ring.




Here is a picture of all of us as we started our ride! You can see Sarah chillin' in the trialer. Thank goodness for tailgates and camera timers (and patient wives and daughters . . . this was try number 4)

I have been riding with my Dad and brother Jason as well (thanks for the shirt guys) so we are really getting into this biking thing. We actually rode all the way to the chapel and back one morning (there were still a lot of party goers out at 5:30 am) and it was an awesome ride . . . 19 miles round trip. We are planning on doing the loop at Red Rock, we tried it years ago and we got whooped by the trail, but this time I think we will be ready.


Sarah really loves bikerides!


Here is what the trialer looks like. Which we got a great deal on by the way. It was the display model at Costco (no assembly . . . woohoo ) and it was marked down by $40 since it was the display, talk about a double bonus!

4 comments:

L said...

I wish we lived closer to you guys - Michael and I are always up for a good bike ride! We can ride to the beach from our place here, it is pretty fun!

Taralee said...

How fun! That's the same bike trailer I have (I'm pretty sure). Mine is just blue, but I got it at Costco a little over a year ago. And I have a pink beach cruiser bike. How fun for you guys. Sarah looks SO cute in the trailer!

Shelise said...

This is a hobby that I have wanted to start as a family for a long time. Not enough people take advantage of bikes either for transportation or leisure. props to you both for starting this. I think its awesome. If we lived closer I would love to go together but we live so far out here (by basic high school) so thats probably not going to work. Thats cool that you're my sisters visiting teacher. you'll love her. she is one of the nicest people I know.

Mary said...

Sweet bikes! I love it. You'll have a blast on those babies!